Putney Market Terms and Conditions
1. The Market will be held weekly on Saturdays at St Mary’s Church Square, Putney High Street from
10.00am to 3.00pm. The committee reserves the right to alter the place or the time of the market and will
give reasonable notice of any such decision.
2. The aim of the market is to provide locally produced, good quality produce and hot food to the local
community. Production methods should have minimal adverse environmental (and welfare) impacts and
conform to recognised standards.
3. The market team reserves the right to monitor the quality of produce offered for sale by any stall holder
(with reference to clause 2). The committee may cancel the stallholders contract (where it feels these criteria
are not met).
4. The Market aims to achieve a balance of a wide range of stalls
5. Stallholders may only sell produce as listed on the application form. Additions to this list may only be made by
agreement with the Market’s team and must be negotiated in advance.
6. Stalls should clearly display the name of the stallholders or enterprise and make sure their branding and
stalls are kept smart at all times. 3x3m Gazebos are absolutely essential and stallholders will not be able to
trade without them. Any traders with larger gazebos must gain consent in advance from the committee.
7. All stallholders must comply with current Trading Standards and Environmental Health requirements.
8. All stallholders must have employee and public and products liability insurance. Proof of cover must be
sent to the market team prior to the first market. The team reserves the right to inspect the relevant documents
at any other time.
9. Stalls should be set up in time to start trading when the Market opens and should not close prior to the
market closing unless given prior permission by the market team
10. Traders must commit initially to 4 weeks, attending every week at the market to provide continuity.
11. Stallholders must give 1o days notice if they wish to relinquish their pitch (either occasionally or permanently).
Stallholders who fail to turn up for a booked pitch are liable for the full fee, regardless of the reason, which must be paid before they can return trading.
12. Waste, rubbish, etc is not to be left on site and stallholders are responsible for the removal of their own
waste and rubbish. Stallholders should clear away their stalls promptly to enable cleaning to take place.
Cleaning pitches is the responsibility of all stallholders. Cleaning needs to be done to the standard required
by the terms of the hire of the venue.
13. The market team reserves the right to ask stallholders to leave the Market if they are in serious breach
of Market policy.
14. The market team must ensure that all stallholders are aware of health and safety issues in relation to
operating within Putney Market and updated on specific issues as they arise. All stallholders must be made
aware of fire exits and ensure that they are kept clear at all times.
15. All traders must commit to 4 consecutive weeks trading in advance at £50 per week, £200 in total in the
accounts department. From the fourth week traders pay for their pitch at the end of the days trading.
This leaves a £50 returnable deposit in the market’s accounts for each trader. This deposit is returned when
traders leave the market, covers their final week’s pitch or covers the market if traders fail to turn up.
Bank Account: Modern London Markets Sort: 208915 Acc: 90639249
16. Each stall holder will enter a binding contract once they’ve paid the returnable security deposit.
With this deposit you are accepting the terms of the above policy by making the relevant payments before
they will be able to trade.
17. All traders enter the market under their own risk and fees are none negotiable regardless of stall takings